ABOUT THE COUNCIL
In order to achieve our key objectives, a partnership council was established including a variety of community stakeholders from:
- Employment & Trade
- Community and Social Services
- Service providers
- Health care
- Ethno-Cultural groups
- Economic & Workforce boards
Members of the WE LIP Council plan their programs and services with a clear understanding of the needs of immigrants while valuing the contributions immigrants can provide to our region.
In addition to the membership, the Council welcomes the participation of resource persons such as funders or representatives of other agencies. They receive notification of meetings and events as well as minutes and/or reports produced by the WE LIP. The participation of the resource members provides opportunities to increase the awareness of the initiatives undertaken by the WE LIP and leverage these opportunities throughout Windsor and Essex County.
WE LIP EXECUTIVE
The Executive Committee is a Standing Committee of the Windsor Essex Local Immigration Partnership Council (WE LIP) comprised of council members from organizations with voting status.
ROLE OF THE WE LIP EXECUTIVE
- To provide strategic input as to the direction and activities of the Windsor Essex Local Immigration Partnership as aligned with the deliverables and objectives as outlined in the IRCC Contribution Agreement;
- To provide leadership within the WE LIP Council to promote and support WE LIP activities;
- To provide a forum for discussion and/or the development of recommendations for the Windsor Essex Local Immigration Partnership Council on issues related to newcomer integration in Windsor and Essex County; and
- To act as the authority decision maker for emergency purposes when required or instructed by the Windsor Essex Local Immigration Partnership Council.
MEET THE WE LIP EXECUTIVE
Chair: Hugo Vega, YMCA of Southwestern Ontario, Windsor Learning Centre
Vice Chair: Sarah May Garcia, Erie St. Clair Local Health Integration Network
Member-at-Large: Riham Al-Saadi, The Hospice of Windsor & Essex County Inc.
Member-at-Large: Charlotte LeFrank, Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Society
Member-at-Large: Didier Marotte, Centre communautaire francophone Windsor-Essex-Kent
THE WE LIP COORDINATION TEAM
The Team works to facilitate the objectives of the Council by coordinating, providing organizational support and overseeing the development of a local settlement strategy and targeted action plan.
Project Manager: Mary Ellen Bernard
Community Connector: Michelle Suchiu
Project Assistants: Alanna Oddoye, Monica Champagne
2019-2020 WE LIP TERMS OF REFERENCE
To view the 2019-2020 Windsor Essex Local Immigration Partnership Terms of Reference, please download a copy below.