Did you know: Workforce WindsorEssex has 14 tools and reports to help you with your job search.
Whether you’re looking for a specific job or exploring career or education options, Workforce WindsorEssex has the tools that can help you achieve your career goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I post my job on the Job Board?
The Job Board automatically indexes job postings on 55 job search websites. If you’ve already posted your job on Indeed, Workopolis, Job Bank, or a myriad of other websites, chances are it is already (or will soon be) included in our Job Board. If for some reason your job does not appear or there is an error, please click here to email us.
2. How much does it cost to list my job posting on the Job Board?
The Job Board is a no-cost service from Workforce WindsorEssex.
3. If there is an issue with my job posting, company page, or something else on your site. What do I do?
Please email us and let us know how we can assist.
1. How do I apply for a job?
The Job Board is a jobs aggregator– we compile job postings from 40+ different job boards all in one place so all local jobs are at your fingertips. Each job posting on our website links directly to the original job posting where you will find individual instructions on how to apply for each job.
Please note that all applications must be submitted to instructions on the job posting. Workforce WindsorEssex is not affiliated with any of these companies and cannot help you in your job application submissions nor can we check on its status.
2. Can you look at my resume?
If you find that you require additional help outside of our suite of job-finding tools, contacting an Employment Ontario Service Provider may be an option for you. Click here to see the list of local Employment Ontario Service Providers by location through our WEsearch Program tool.
3. How can I receive email updates of all the open jobs in Windsor-Essex?
The WEskills team at Workforce WindsorEssex would like to make your job search easier!
We distribute new job postings and information about upcoming job fairs and training opportunities to the public in the form of email blasts.
4. What other job-finding tools do you have?
Our job finding tools and resources fall into the following categories:
Job Search Tools
- WEjobs Portal: This hosts all of the job finding tools and resources. Create a free account to create your resume and find jobs suited to your skillset.
- Job Board: Search dozens of job boards at once with the largest job board in the region.
- Job Map: Find jobs, employment services, child care, transportation options, and more, near you.
- Resume Builder: Create a professional quality resume quickly and easily.
- Work from Home Jobs: Browse jobs from across Ontario that may be fully or partially work from home.
Career Development Tools
- Career Explorer: Find career paths and jobs related to your current experience.
- Career Library: Learn more about different occupations, including regional demand and salary expectations.
- Job & Training Events Board: Find locally available training opportunities.
- Career Calculator: Measure the return on investment of upgrading your skills.
Community Data Tools
- Census Map: Explore census data geographically. Compare metrics or view aggregated data for regions in absolute terms or relative to other regions.
- Sector Map: An online mapping tool that displays job posting concentration and a database of companies.
- Talent Map: A mapping tool that assists in geo-targeting talent attraction campaigns for hard-to-fill occupations.
- Sector Library: Learn more about different industries and identify regional industry participants.
Reports & Analytics
- Job Demand Report: Who is hiring in the region and what occupations are being recruited?
- Job Search Report: Who are the people looking for work and what are they searching for?
- Skill Demand Report: What skills, knowledge, tools, and technology are local employers recruiting for in job postings?
- Monthly Labour Force Survey Report: How has the population, labour force participation, employment, and unemployment changed in the past month?
5. How much does it cost to use your job-finding tools and resources?
There is no cost to use the tools on our website. They are available online 24/7.
6. How do I use the WEjobs Portal and Resume Builder?
We have a video guide and online PDF tutorials available on setting up a no-cost WEjobs Portal account and on the Resume Builder. You can access these tutorials by clicking here.
7. I have questions about Labour Market data.
Great! We have some answers– click here to access our FAQ page on Labour Market Data.
8. I have other questions that haven’t been addressed here.
If you feel that your question was not addressed above, please feel free to email us.