About WE Value Partnership
Envisioning how WE succeed together
The WE Value Partnership is a community-driven initiative that focuses on newcomer success. This initiative is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Service Delivery Improvement Fund, and is lead by The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario.
WE Value will streamline the intake process and support successful settlement outcomes through collaboration across a variety of local partners. YMCA-SWO settlement advisors will administer a capacity-focused settlement assessment and provide clients with appropriate referrals and a consistent settlement plan based not just on their needs, but on their values, gifts, talents and assets. New Windsorites will be more quickly and effectively matched to local organizations who can help them ensure better settlement experiences, sooner. Ultimately, WE Value will connect new immigrants to the community and the community to them, to ensure that the talents of newcomers can be realized more quickly and more fully by the Windsor community – socially, economically and culturally.
- For newcomers: WE Value means less confusion, more confidence and increased self worth through streamlined experiences and fruitful community connections and a customized settlement plan. It will also lead to more opportunities to use assets, skills, talents and gifts while adjusting to a happy, safe, confident life as community members.
- For community influencers and stakeholders: WE Value will allow access to assets, skills, talents and gifts of newcomers provide resources that will deepen evidence-based approaches to serving new immigrants resulting in positive community impact.
- For service providers: WE Value means the coming together to streamline processes and enhance experiences, all toward greater integration, welcoming communities and the success of newcomers.
- For employers, WE Value will provide reliable data on the skills, knowledge and opportunities new immigrants to the region offer, along with a framework and network of support.
- For the Windsor-Essex region, WE Value will emerge as a national model for communities. It will mean understanding the value of welcoming immigrants and an abundance of opportunity for all by helping newcomers to realize their potential locally.
- YMCA of Western Ontario’s (YWO) Newcomer Services, as the recipient of the funding, is the lead organization and will provide strategic leadership and direct client service delivery.
- Dr. Reza Nakhaie, Professor of Sociology, University of Windsor will conduct project-specific research and provide professional expertise in data analysis, methodology and report writing.
- Workforce WindsorEssex will provide leadership and coordination in community engagement, partnership development, data collection and resource development.
WE Value Community forum – september 22, 2021:
Follow along, and watch the event recording here.
You can watch the full conversation with Dr. Reza Nakhaie here.
key documents & PARTNERSHIP UPDATES (2020 & 2021):
key documents & PARTNERSHIP UPDATES (2020):
Regional Manager of Settlement & Integration | WE Value Partnership Lead & Primary Contact
YMCA of Southwestern Ontario
WE Value Project Manager
YMCA of Southwestern Ontario