About Workforce WindsorEssex
Workforce WindsorEssex (legally Workforce Development Board Windsor Essex) was created as an independent, community-based board in October 2008 as a result of significant foundation work by the City of Windsor, County of Essex, WindsorEssex Economic Development Commission and Province of Ontario.
Our mandate is to plan, facilitate and advocate for regional workforce development, defined as the development, retention, and recruitment of a wide range of skilled workers to meet the current and future economic and social development needs of Windsor-Essex.
Workforce WindsorEssex currently receives funding under three projects: Windsor Essex Local Immigration Partnership, Local Employment Planning Council, and WEskills.
Workforce WindsorEssex is a trusted source for labour market information and intelligence in our region and is a considered a key partner within our region in the areas of Economic Development, Employment Services, Education and Training, and Community Services.
“Windsor-Essex . . . invested in a world-class workforce.”
Workforce WindsorEssex supports the development of a strong, sustainable local economy by:
- Fostering understanding of current and future workforce needs
- Facilitating partners to make strategic investment in education, training and employment opportunities
- Creating opportunities to influence and advocate for change in the community with respect to workforce development
- Results orientation
Workforce WindsorEssex’s priorities are:
- Support and promote community efforts to ensure WindsorEssex has the knowledge and skills required to meet the needs of the current and emerging economy.
- Disseminate data and information to spark debate and mobilize partners to take action on local workforce issues.
- Identify barriers to entry into the workforce and opportunities for change that support full workforce participation without discrimination.