About Workforce WindsorEssex
Workforce WindsorEssex (legally Workforce Development Board Windsor Essex) was created as an independent, community-based board in October 2008 as a result of significant foundation work by the City of Windsor, County of Essex, WindsorEssex Economic Development Commission and Province of Ontario.
As a workforce and community development board, our mandate is to plan, facilitate and advocate for regional workforce development, defined as the development, retention, and recruitment of a wide range of skilled workers to meet the current and future economic and social development needs of Windsor-Essex.
Workforce WindsorEssex currently receives funding under three projects: Windsor Essex Local Immigration Partnership, Local Employment Planning Council, and WEskills.
“Windsor-Essex . . . invested in a world-class workforce.”
Workforce WindsorEssex supports the development of a strong, sustainable local economy by:
- Fostering understanding of current and future workforce needs
- Facilitating partners to make strategic investment in education, training and employment opportunities
- Creating opportunities to influence and advocate for change in the community with respect to workforce development
- Results orientation
Workforce WindsorEssex’s priorities are:
- Support and promote community efforts to ensure WindsorEssex has the knowledge and skills required to meet the needs of the current and emerging economy.
- Disseminate data and information to spark debate and mobilize partners to take action on local workforce issues.
- Identify barriers to entry into the workforce and opportunities for change that support full workforce participation without discrimination.
Memberships & Affiliations
of Windsor & District