About Workforce WindsorEssex
Workforce WindsorEssex is a workforce and community development board. Our mandate is to plan, facilitate and advocate for regional workforce development, defined as the development, retention, and recruitment of a wide range of skilled workers to meet the current and future economic and social development needs of Windsor-Essex.
We are an experienced leader in the development of regional labour market tools, research and guides that save others time, money and effort. These resources, created in close coordination with employment, education and industry partners, are designed to help job seekers, employers, students & educators, as well as the community, make more informed labour market decisions using locally-responsive, data-rich and unbiased resources.
Our team is comprised of project managers, researchers, community connectors, and communications professionals whose past experiences include working in government, industry and other not-for-profit organizations, locally, provincially as well as abroad. We have a strong reputation for working collaboratively with partners in employment, education and training services, while keeping a pulse on employer needs. This is critically important as it helps ensure that new tools, research and guides create positive change in the local labour market.
Workforce WindsorEssex currently receives funding under five projects: Windsor Essex Local Immigration Partnership, WE Value, Local Employment Planning Council, WEskills, and the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
Click below to learn more about our staff and board or reach out to us through our contact information.
“Windsor-Essex . . . invested in a world-class workforce.”
Workforce WindsorEssex supports the development of a strong, sustainable local economy by:
- Fostering understanding of current and future workforce needs
- Facilitating partners to make strategic investment in education, training and employment opportunities
- Creating opportunities to influence and advocate for change in the community with respect to workforce development
- Results orientation
Workforce WindsorEssex’s priorities are:
- Support and promote community efforts to ensure WindsorEssex has the knowledge and skills required to meet the needs of the current and emerging economy.
- Disseminate data and information to spark debate and mobilize partners to take action on local workforce issues.
- Identify barriers to entry into the workforce and opportunities for change that support full workforce participation without discrimination.
Ten years ago, Workforce WindsorEssex (legally Workforce Development Board Windsor Essex) was created as an independent, community-based board in October 2008 as a result of significant foundation work by the City of Windsor, County of Essex, WindsorEssex Economic Development Commission and Province of Ontario.
Memberships & Affiliations
of Windsor & District