In recognition of their need to support some of the nation’s most vulnerable and isolated workers, the Government of Canada announced the Migrant Worker Support Program as part of Budget 2021. Informed by the lessons learned from the Migrant Worker Support Network Pilot, the MWSP aims to support community-based organizations in the provision of migrant worker-centric programs and services.
The purpose of the program is to provide migrant workers with accurate information and access to available services and supports, and to assist them in learning about and exercising their rights while in Canada.
More specifically, they aim to:
- Increase migrant workers’ awareness and understanding of their rights and responsibilities through educational activities and/or educational material;
- Empower migrant workers to exercise their rights by providing or assisting in accessing services available to them;
- Foster inclusion and welcoming of migrant workers through social, cultural, and/or recreational events;
- Support migrant workers during emergency situations;
- Foster new partnerships or leverage existing partnerships/networks to support migrant workers;
- Develop and implement coordinated approaches among community organizations, and/or build their capacity and knowledge to provide resources and services to migrant workers.
TeaMWork Launch Press Conference – Essex Civic Centre (December 19th, 2022)
Media Coverage of the Project
- Employment and Social Development Canada – News release: Government of Canada protects and empowers temporary foreign workers in Southwestern Ontario through the Migrant Worker Support Program
- AM 800 CKLW – Feds announce $3.6-Million to help Migrant Workers know their rights
- Windsor Star – Workforce WindsorEssex to receive $3.6M for migrant worker support program
- CTV Windsor – Migrant worker program in Windsor-Essex getting $3.6 million in federal funding
- Blackburn News – Government creates grant supporting migrant workers
TeaMWork Style Guide
Click here to download the TeaMWork branding and style guide. The document outlines the purpose and methodology behind the design of the TeaMWork branding, as well as guidance for the appropriate use of the logo. There are details on the official typeface, as well as the colour pallette of the logo.