New Online Tool to Map Job Postings, Transit, and Key Services
“WEmap jobs” visualizes job postings and 18 related services in Windsor-Essex
For Immediate Release
February 7, 2019
Windsor, ON – Workforce WindsorEssex, the region’s Local Employment Planning Council (LEPC), as part of their WEmap LMI project, has launched a new and improved mapping tool called WEmap jobs that makes the process of finding your next job, planning your commute, or accessing employment-related services in Windsor-Essex easier than ever.
WEmap jobs clusters job postings geographically and re-distributes them to their street address as you zoom in. It also has unique search tools that allows users to find jobs and connect with up to 18 related services such as apprenticeship training sites, bicycle routes, bus stops and routes, childcare centres, drive test centres, schools, employment services, language training, literacy and basic skills training sites, as well as key offices such as Ontario Disability Support Program, Ontario Works, Service Canada, Service Ontario and Ontario’s local Apprenticeship office.
With this tool, a user can search for a job posting with a keyword search or an occupation filter and get walking, transit or driving directions to that location. The same user can toggle relevant services on/off, such as child care or language training centres, to see what’s available along their commute.
Like our popular WEexplore tool (launched April 2018), this tool automatically populates active job postings on a daily basis. However, instead of focusing on just in-demand jobs and their career paths, WEmap jobs allows you to search all job postings and employment related services by geography.
The WEmap jobs tool is available in 104 languages on our website, although once a user clicks through to their desired job posting or service, language choices may be more limited. http://www.workforcewindsoressex.com/wemap-jobs.
“I’ve been impressed with the high-quality labour market tools created by Workforce WindsorEssex and this is among their best to date. In a few clicks you can see how useful this kind of tool will be for jobseekers, employment counsellors, and parents in our region.”
- Doug Sartori, Board President & Chair, Workforce WindsorEssex
“Workforce WindsorEssex is committed to developing regional labour market tools, research and best practices guides that save others time, money, and effort. WEmap jobs helps jobseekers identify the location of work opportunities, proximity to childcare, transit options, and related community services that will support their participation in the local workforce. If where you work is just as important as where you live and where you go on a daily basis, then this tool is going to make searching for your next job a lot easier.”
- Michelle Suchiu, Executive Director, Workforce WindsorEssex
“Innovative and Simply Brilliant! Recognizing that there are many more factors to consider when seeking employment, Workforce WindsorEssex has developed one of the most comprehensive and intuitive job mapping tools available for individuals in Windsor-Essex County. This is just another example of how the work of our Local Employment Planning Council is positively contributing to the employment successes in our community.”
- Andrew Daher, Executive Director of Employment & Social Services, City of Windsor
- In 2017, Workforce WindsorEssex launched the original WEmap tool which displayed job postings and Windsor Transit routes. This new and improved tool maps transit in Tecumseh and Leamington, as well as 17 other services important to jobseekers.
- Also in 2017, Workforce WindsorEssex launched WEsearch to make the process of researching business funding opportunities, employment services, and upgrading programs easier than ever. It can be accessed here: workforcewindsoressex.com/wesearch.
- In 2018, Workforce WindsorEssex launched WEexplore to make the process of finding, researching and applying for in-demand jobs and browsing their career paths easier than ever. It can be accessed here: workforcewindsoressex.com/weexplore.
- To learn more about the Local Employment Planning Council and view our current and past projects visit workforcewindsoressex.com/lepc
– XXX –
226-674-3220 ext 854