Online Innovation Promotes In-Demand Careers
WEexplore presents detailed job profiles, career paths and job postings in one tool
For Immediate Release
April 12, 2018
Windsor, ON – Workforce WindsorEssex, the region’s Local Employment Planning Council (LEPC), as part of their In-Demand Jobs & Career Profiles project, has launched a first-of-its-kind online labour market tool for the Windsor-Essex region called WEexplore that makes the process of exploring in-demand careers easier than ever.
Unlike any other job search tool, WEexplore simplifies the task of researching information about in-demand jobs. It presents detailed career profile information such as job overview, wages, skills, and more in a way that allows users to visualize what jobs might lead into and out of the region’s top in-demand jobs. Furthermore, to help people take the next step in their career, the tool automatically populates a list of local job postings on a daily basis.
Users will be able to customize the information displayed by showing all jobs or selecting a specific sector. They can also enlarge or shrink the size of the job circles to visually display the salary or number of available job postings.
The tool is automatically updated daily with local job postings, giving users a reason to return to the website often. In total, 150 jobs are represented on the new tool. The jobs were chosen because they lead into or out of the region’s 80 in-demand jobs.
The WEexplore tool is available in English and French at http://www.workforcewindsoressex.com/weexplore
“Whether you’re looking for your next job or not, the WEexplore tool flattens the amount of time it takes for someone to research the next job in their career path while presenting clickable job postings in the same place.”
- Doug Sartori, Board President, Workforce WindsorEssex
“Workforce WindsorEssex is committed to developing regional labour market tools, research and best practices guides that save others time, effort, and money. We are thrilled to share this first-of-its-kind labour market tool with our community.”
- Michelle Suchiu, Executive Director, Workforce WindsorEssex
- In 2017, Workforce WindsorEssex launched WEsearch to make the process of researching business funding opportunities, employment services, and upgrading programs easier than ever. It can be accessed here: workforcewindsoressex.com/wesearch.
- Also in 2017, Workforce WindsorEssex launched WEmap to make the process of researching job postings by geographic area and by bus route easier than ever. It can be accessed here: workforcewindsoressex.com/wemap.
- To learn more about the Local Employment Planning Council and view our current and past projects visit www.workforcewindsoressex.com/lepc
– XXX –
Sr. Manager of Public Affairs & LEPC Lead
226-674-3220 ext 854
Printer Friendly file