May Job Searches
In May 2019 there were 708 job postings shared for part time positions.
The occupations with the most part-time positions available were:
- Retail Salesperson
- Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations
- Food and beverage servers
- Other customer and information services representatives
- Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations
- Security guards and related security service occupations
- Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers
- Light duty cleaners
There were 298 searches for part-time or temporary positions during the month. Many of the searches were for summer, weekend, or student jobs. Most of the searches were done by those aged 15 to 24 years old, likely high school or post-secondary students looking for work for the summer.
Skill levels sought
The most common positions sought by job seekers are management positions, with 1018 searches conducted in May. Most job seekers were searching for professional occupations within the Business, Finance & Administration sector. Additionally, job seekers also sought labour positions in the Manufacturing & Utilities sector.
View the May Job Search Report for more insight into the local labour market.
Published: July 3rd, 2019