A community profile of local newcomer skill sets, highlighting their work experiences and education, demonstrating an available workforce.
Project Status – cOMPLETEd
Over 300 newcomers have been surveyed with the help of local service providers, identifying their skills and past work experiences.These survey results have been captured in the WEskills Database, which is a regional skills database comprised of local resumes, that the City can use to help businesses find potential candidates for hire. In addition to feturing a skill set profile, this project also features:
- Our Mosaic
- A look at our local population
- The business case for a diverse workforce
- Tips for how employers can get started in pursuing a further diversified workforce
- Local services for employers to access training opportunities
- Information on hiring international students
- Additional resources
- Quotes from local employers and employees
This project is targeted towards helping employers better understand the importance of a diversified workforce and making meaningful use of skill sets that are already available in our community. We would encourage you to share this resource with your employer contacts and your colleagues. If you would like a presentation on this resource please feel free to email us: email@example.com. Hard copies of this resource are available upon request.