LIBRO CREDIT UNION AND WORKFORCE WINDSORESSEX TEAM UP TO SUPPORT JOBSEEKERS IMPACTED BY THE PANDEMIC
New online Training Board and Career Choice Calculator will help community pivot out of the pandemic with clear training and education pathways to in-demand jobs
Windsor, ON – Libro Credit Union has partnered with Workforce WindsorEssex to create two new online tools for the community designed to make finding and accessing local training and education programs in Windsor-Essex easier. A $62,000 investment from Libro will support the creation of a Training Board and a Career Choice Calculator. The tools are currently in development and will be released on Workforce WindsorEssex’s website in Spring 2021.
The combined impact of the pandemic and the layoff of the third shift at FCA has resulted in layoffs in multiple industries. With the current unemployment rate at 10.3% and the participation rate at 56%, jobseekers and those considering rejoining the workforce need easily accessible and up-to-date information.
These Career Investment Tools are going to be game-changers in the job seeking industry and will aim to alleviate the pressures currently experienced by laid-off workers and business owners by simplifying the way people search for training and education services locally.
The Training Board will:
- make searching for training opportunities in Windsor-Essex easier, while also generating the first of its kind reporting on the real-time supply and demand of training locally. Currently jobseekers, students, and employers have to know which organizations offer which training programs in order to find more information.
- allow for-profit and not-for-profit organizations post training programs on the website, so learners can search through programs based on cost, location, duration, occupation, and industry preferences.
The Career Choice Calculator will:
- help people understand the return on investment for entering a specific career, or going back to school to pursue a second career, while sharing real-time labour market information about the demand for workers in different occupations and sectors.
- help the current and future workforce make informed career decisions that will lessen the skills gap locally, improve employment outcomes of local post-secondary graduates, and increase the number of qualified jobseekers gaining meaningful employment.
The Career Investment Tools will also support other organizations in our community, including local educational institutions, training organizations, and businesses, by simplifying how their graduates/students, clients, and employees can find training and education opportunities.
Workforce WindsorEssex and Libro Credit Union are looking to identify organizations and individuals to consult and test prototypes for the upcoming tools. To support the project, please email email@example.com subject: Career Investment Tools.
Libro Credit Union is a living-wage employer and employs over 700 people as the largest credit union in southwestern Ontario. Employment is one of Libro’s key focus areas and one of the biggest challenges facing our region, making Workforce WindsorEssex a well aligned partner.
“We’re excited to partner with Libro Credit Union to help remind people in Windsor-Essex that one of the safest investments we can make is in ourselves. The new career investment tools that will be launched this spring will help encourage a culture of continuous learning, while also contributing to a strong and prosperous community. Whether you’re considering going back to school or finding your next training opportunity, these online tools will help you plan your career path.”
- Justin Falconer, CEO, Workforce WindsorEssex
“We know that so many people in communities across Windsor-Essex have been impacted by COVID in ways we couldn’t have imagined. A lot of people have suffered from job loss and we know this, because we’re working with our customer-Owners to help revise their financial plans. We’re thrilled to be joining forces with Workforce WindsorEssex to offer state-of-the-art career investment tools that are going to make a big difference for job seekers in our area.”
- Lori Atkinson, Regional Manager, Libro Credit Union
- To learn more about the Career Investment Tools, visit workforcewindsoressex.com/libro.
Executive Assistant & Researcher
About Workforce WindsorEssex
Workforce WindsorEssex is a workforce and community development board whose mission is to lead regional employment and community planning for the development of a strong and sustainable workforce.
Workforce WindsorEssex is an experienced leader in the development of regional labour market tools, research, guides, and events that create positive change in the local labour market while saving others time and effort. These resources, created in close coordination with employment, education and industry partners, are designed to help job seekers, employers, students and educators, as well as the community, make more informed labour market decisions using locally-responsive, data-rich and unbiased resources.
Libro Credit Union is a full-service financial institution serving more than 106,000 member-Owners through a network of digital service and 36 physical locations. As the largest credit union in southwestern Ontario and a trusted financial partner for more than 75 years, Libro truly understands the needs of enterprises and goes well beyond the usual business banking. Locally owned and operated, our passionate staff and commitment to our communities sets Libro apart. Recognized as a Platinum Level Best Employer in Canada four years in a row, Libro is also proudly committed to making positive social and environmental impact as a certified B Corporation®, as an associate member of the Responsible Investment Association, and as a Living Wage employer. To learn more about what it means to bank with purpose and share in the profit as a Libro Owner, visit libro.ca.
Printer Friendly File