Help Improve Employment Supports in Our Communities – Have Your Say!
Attention Employers, Jobseekers, and Community-Serving Organizations in Windsor-Essex, Chatham-Kent, and Sarnia-Lambton!
As you may be aware, the Government of Ontario is transforming the employment services system. The City of Windsor has qualified for the next stage in the process and is interested in servicing the Windsor-Essex, Chatham-Kent, and Sarnia-Lambton catchment area.
In advance of the Call for Proposal application process, the City of Windsor has asked its consortium partner, Workforce WindsorEssex, to assist with some research as well as facilitate a series of community consultations in the Windsor-Essex, Chatham-Kent, and Sarnia-Lambton regions to collect feedback from employers, jobseekers, and interested service providers.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
If you would like to participate in a consultation, we ask that you only register for one session. If you are interested but unable to attend a session, you can still provide written feedback. The goal of these consultations is to inform research and design a system that is outcomes-focused, client-centred, and provides a simplified and effective pathway to finding sustainable employment for individuals and employers, based on their needs.
- Employers Session 1 – Monday, March 21: 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Employers Session 2 – Wednesday, March 23: 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
For Community-Serving Organizations:
- Chatham-Kent Community-Serving Organizations – Monday, April 4: 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Windsor-Essex Community-Serving Organizations – Thursday, April 7: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Sarnia-Lambton Community-Serving Organizations – Monday, April 11, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
For Jobseekers (please pass along to your clients or other jobseekers):
- Members of Racialized Communities Jobseekers – Friday, March 25: 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Social Assistance Clients – Friday, March 25: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Francophone Jobseekers – Friday, April 1: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Indigenous Peoples Jobseekers – Monday, April 4: 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Youth (15-29) Jobseekers – Thursday, April 7: 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m
- Jobseekers & Employment Ontario Clients Session 1 – Tuesday, April 12: 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Jobseekers & Employment Ontario Clients Session 2 – Wednesday, April 13: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Newcomer Jobseekers – Thursday, April 14, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Members of the Black Community Jobseekers – Tuesday, April 19: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Peoples with Disabilities Jobseekers – Wednesday, April 20: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Register online to participate in a virtual consultation session: http://workforce-dev-board.eventbrite.com.
For more information, or to provide a written submission, email Workforce WindsorEssex at firstname.lastname@example.org.