WORKFORCE PLANNING WEST SCENARIO PLANNING
Workforce Planning West, a coalition of nine workforce planning boards in Southwestern Ontario, with assistance from project partners Libro Credit Union, Ontario Tourism Innovation Lab, and Western Ontario Wardens Caucus, have published their Workforce Planning West Scenario Planning Report, along with nine local scenario planning reports, following six months of industry consultation involving more than 250 stakeholders and key informants.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused economic and social disruption throughout the world. These reports look at the effects of the pandemic locally and regionally in labour markets throughout Southwestern Ontario, while providing communities with a strategic framework to proactively plan ahead despite high uncertainty.
Each report describes how the supply and demand of the labour market in Southwestern Ontario may shift in the next 12-24 months as a result of COVID-19 and identifies specific actions and initiatives that employment and training services, government, secondary and post-secondary education, and community leaders can implement in the near future to mitigate impacts or bridge skills gaps that emerge in each of the future scenarios. The reports are accompanied by an interactive online dashboard of key scenario indicators that determine the scenario-based labour market outcomes.
REGIONAL SCENARIO REPORTS:
LOCAL SCENARIO REPORTS:
- Windsor-Essex Report & Dashboard
- Chatham-Kent Report & Dashboard
- Sarnia Lambton Report & Dashboard
- Elgin Middlesex Oxford London Report & Dashboard
- Bruce Grey Huron and Perth Counties Report & Dashboard
- Waterloo Wellington & Dufferin Report & Dashboard
- Brantford, Brant, Haldimand, Norfolk Report & Dashboard
- Hamilton Report & Dashboard
- Niagara Report & Dashboard