Below are the upcoming short-term training opportunties that are available in Windsor-Essex. Click on the attachment to learn more about the one that interests you. If you would like to list a short-term training opportunity on our website please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming training opportunities
enterprise program – the downtown mission
Start Date: October 28 2019 – Must Register
519-973-5573 Ext: 290
Youth Job Connection – St. Clair College Employment Centre
Workshop starts: Monday, November 4 until Friday, November 15, 2019
The eligibility for the program is as follows:
• 15 to 29 years old at time of registration
• a resident of Ontario; eligible to work in Canada (500 series SIN)
• not participating in full-time training or education
Please contact 519-253-4461 Ext: 2228 to register
The Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County is excited to launch the MCC Youth Work Ready Program
The Multicultural Council of Windsor and Essex County is excited to launch the MCC Youth Work Ready Program. This bold new initiative is presented in partnership with the Solcz Family Foundation, and is designed to provide opportunities for youth facing barriers to entering the Canadian skilled trades job market. The program will operate for those aged 18-24, and will involve pre-employment assistance such as resume writing, and interview skills, as well as job-specific certification and on-the-job opportunities.
Registration starts today with classes beginning in November. For more information contact our Program Coordinator Daniel Beliciu at 519-255-1127 ext. 143 or email@example.com
Rose City Chapter of the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering Presents safety conference and expo
IES is proud to announce the formation of the Rose City Chapter of the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE)! The CSSE will bring safety professionals from Windsor-Essex to Chatham-Kent together to discuss upcoming changes to Legislation, training opportunities, trends in our geographical area and much more. A great opportunity to meet with like-minded professionals and join us for knowledgeable speakers and educational sessions will be our first Safety Conference and Expo happening November 8, 2019 from 8 AM to 4 PM. There will also be an update from Chief Prevention Officer with the Ministry of Labour, Mr. Ron Keluski. We hope to see you there.
When: November 8 2019 from 8am to 4pm
Where: Caboto Club 2175 Parent Ave., Windsor
Please Register by October 19 2019 at ROSECITYCSSE@GMAIL.COM
set supported employment training program – learning disabilities association windsor essex
When: Program starts October 22 2019
seat program october 2019 – west inc.
SEAT Program 2019: Science, Engineering, Artistry & Technology (SEAT)
- Women’s Enterprise Skills Training of Windsor Inc. (WEST) is offering a SEAT (Science, Engineering, Artistry & Technology) Program 2019 for girls /women ages 15 to 30. This program will give young women with interests in Science, Engineering, Artistry and Technology the opportunity to work together on a community-based project that will focus on creating positive change for our community.
- The youth will participate in a 2-day Leadership Training, where the they will have the opportunity to connect with community leaders in Windsor-Essex to learn more about:
- Careers in Science, Engineering, Artistry & Technology, Windsor-Essex, Civic Engagement, Being a Leader, Social Impact &Teamwork
- Throughout the duration of the program, youth will be working in 4 groups based on Science, Engineering, Artistry & Technology to create a project that will utilize one of the mentioned fields, as a means to create change and have a positive impact on the community. For example food desserts, mobility and climate change. Classes begin in October through March, every Wednesday from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
- There will be a Social Impact Exhibit, where the youth will be presenting and/ or demonstrating their project to the community (the event will be open to the public).
Seita Sadoo, MBA
201-647 Ouellette Avenue
Windsor, Ontario N9A 4J4
(519)256-6621 X 290
build a dream
Are you a young woman (identify as a young woman) in grades 9-12? Are you a parent of a young woman in high school?
If you are unsure about your career path or would like to learn more about careers in skilled trades, engineering, technology, emergency services, or entrepreneurship, then this event is for you!
You are invited to the 6th Annual Build a Dream Career Expo in Windsor, Ontario.
You must register for this event to attend
When: November 7 2019 from 5pm to 9pm
Where: Ciociaro Club 3745 N Talbot Rd, Oldcastle, ON N0R 1L0
small business websites 101 workshop
When: November 27 2019 from 5pm to 8pm
Where: Institute for Border Logistics and Security, 3475 Wheelton Dr., Windsor, ON N8W 0A6
There is a great deal to consider when you’re building a new website or redesigning an existing one. This beginner workshop covers everything you need to know, from choosing and registering a domain name, to building the website itself, to making sure it’s secure.
• What a domain name is and how to register the right one(s) for your business.
• How to get an email address that matches your domain name.
• How to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) with a fast, accessible, and mobile-friendly website.
• What to consider when choosing a website platform such as WordPress, Shopify, or Squarespace.
• How to set up an online store, how to accept payments online and other e-commerce fundamentals.
• How to make a website secure and back it up regularly.
• What you can do yourself and when to hire a pro.
This workshop is a free workshop for main street small businesses in WindsorEssex, Leamington, and Belle River. Laptop computers aren’t absolutely necessary for this class, but we recommend bringing a laptop to follow along.
ymca windsor – y opportunities Program
south essex community council – employment edge for persons with disabilities
unemployed help centre youth job connection
saint elizabeth Health care – home support worker training
women in the trades cnc/industrial mechanic millwright program – Math Refresher – WEst inc.
ready to work program for newcomers – unemployed help centre
Youth in partnership (YIP) youth engagement training – Hotel Dieu Grace Healthcare
G&L Stevenson Transport Ltd School Bus Driver Training
Pre-apprenticeship cook program – unemployed help centre
Windsor welding institute
OTHER TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Find additional opportunities by exploring our WEsearch tool.