Senior managers – health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
National occupation classification code: 0014
Senior managers in health, education, social and community services and membership organizations plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, membership and other organizations or institutions that deliver health, education, social or community services. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these organizations, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors. They are employed in health care organizations, educational services, social and community services and membership organizations or they may own and operate their own business.
$104,780.67 is the median annual salary found locally.
$50.38/hour is the median wage reported locally.
Commonly Listed Skills in Job Postings
- Customer service
- Microsoft Office
- Interpersonal skills
- Community development
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Establish objectives for the organization or institution and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions.
Senior managers in this unit group may specialize in areas such as finance, marketing, human resources or in a particular service area.
Work takes place in a typical office setting.
This position may be done remotely.
- Arts and culture association chairperson
- Automobile association executive director
- Business association president
- Educational institution chief financial officer (CFO)
- Health services institution executive director
- Labour organization president
- Membership organization general manager
- Music guild president
- Professional association executive director
- Scientific association chairperson
- Social services institution corporate controller
- Voluntary organization executive director
Check out more possible career pathways on WEexplore.
Education and Training Pathways
Disclaimer: The educational institution reserves the right to change information without notice, and may result in discrepancies between their information and the information presented above. If any errors are found, please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Senior managers – health, education, social and community services and membership organizations positions click here.