Senior government managers and officials
National occupation classification code: 0012
Senior government managers and officials plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, the major activities of municipal or regional governments or of provincial, territorial or federal departments, boards, agencies or commissions. They establish the direction to be taken by these organizations in accordance with legislation and policies made by elected representatives or legislative bodies.
$102,913.07 is the median annual salary found locally.
$49.48/hour is the median wage reported locally.
Commonly Listed Skills in Job Postings
- Customer service
- Microsoft Office
- Interpersonal skills
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Establish objectives for the organization in accordance with government legislation and policy, formulate or approve and evaluate programs and procedures alone or in conjunction with senior government committees
- Advise elected representatives on policy questions and refer major policy matters to these representatives for final decision
- Recommend, review, evaluate and approve documents, briefs and reports submitted by middle managers and senior staff members
- Co-ordinate department activities with other senior government managers and officials
- Make presentations to legislative and other government committees regarding policies, programs or budgets
- Allocate human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs
- Establish financial and administrative controls.
Work takes place in a typical office setting.
This position may be done remotely.
- Assistant deputy minister
- Chief administrative officer – regional municipality
- Chief statistician – government services
- City administrator
- Deputy minister
- Director general – government services
- Executive director – government services
- High commissioner
- Human Rights Commission chairperson
Check out more possible career pathways on WEexplore.
Education and Training Pathways
Disclaimer: The educational institution reserves the right to change information without notice, and may result in discrepancies between their information and the information presented above. If any errors are found, please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Senior government managers and officials positions click here.