Workforce WindsorEssex launches WEsearch to make finding business funding and job-seeker supports easier in Windsor-Essex
Windsor, ON – Workforce WindsorEssex, the region’s Local Employment Planning Council, has launched a new online tool called WEsearch that makes the process of researching business funding opportunities as well as employment services and or upgrading programs easier than ever.
WEsearch simplifies the task of researching programs and services, so that businesses and job-seekers can focus on what matters most – growing their business or finding their next job.
By answering a few questions about the kind of help a user is looking for, WEsearch presents information about organizations, programs and or services that match their needs, utilizing a free, easy to use, way finding tool.
One of the best aspects of WEsearch is that it can be embedded into other websites while providing some customization. Partners currently hosting WEsearch on their websites include Unemployed Help Centre, the Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board, the Windsor-Essex Small Business Centre, and the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce. The City of Windsor and the University of Windsor created links from their websites to WEsearch.
Workforce WindsorEssex would like to thank the volunteer members of the Central Planning Table and its three working groups – Service Provision, Employer Engagement, and Intergovernmental – for their contributions in shaping the project and its content.
“During the development process, members of our central planning table and working groups made it clear that they didn’t want another website. We didn’t want to ask community partners to drive web-traffic to an external website while they were trying to drive traffic to their own site. Instead, we chose to bring WEsearch to places where job-seekers and businesses would naturally look for help, allowing it to be displayed there without cost while offering some customization.”
– Doug Sartori, Board Chair, and Central Planning Table and Working Group Member, Workforce WindsorEssex.
“We have a lot of dedicated organizations and professionals in Windsor-Essex who want to help businesses grow and job-seekers find new employment. WEsearch is a community-led solution that will make finding available programs and services easier for job-seekers and businesses.”
– Michelle Suchiu, Interim Executive Director, Workforce WindsorEssex
- WEsearch helps users find business funding sources, job-seeker supports, labour marketing information, skills and education upgrading opportunities, as well as apprenticeship supports.
- Access the English WEsearch tool here
- The WEsearch logo can be downloaded here.
- This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario as part of the Local Employment Planning Council (LEPC) pilot. The LEPC pilot aims to increase the access to accurate, up to date, local labour market information and help pioneer new and innovative approaches to local employment planning.
- The WEsearch tool is one of 13 strategic projects that Workforce WindsorEssex will complete in phase one of the LEPC pilot project (by May 31st, 2017).
– XXX –
Manager of Communications and Government Partnerships
226-674-3220 ext 854
ABOUT WORKFORCE WINDSORESSEX
Workforce WindsorEssex (legally Workforce Development Board Windsor Essex) was created as an independent, community-based board in October 2008 as a result of significant foundation work by the City of Windsor, County of Essex, WindsorEssex Economic Development Commission and Province of Ontario. Learn more at www.workforcewindsoressex.com.